|New and Updated Medical Content|
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Ultrasound Examination and Screening (AIUM/ACR/SRU Guideline)
- Accelerated Idioventricular Rhythm (AIVR)
- ACLS: Anaphylaxis
- ACLS: Cardiac Arrest due to Trauma
- ACLS: Cardiac Arrest in Pregnancy
- Amniotic Fluid Embolism
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Auricular Hematoma Procedure
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast Fibroadenoma
- Cancer Treatment Planning
- Recommendations For Use of WBC Growth Factors (ASCO Guideline)
- Cervical Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Background and Pathophysiology
- Prevention and Screening
- Emergency Contraception
- Exercise Associated Hyponatremia
- Fractures Suggestive of Child Abuse
- General Approach to Headache
- Head Trauma: General Diagnostic Principles
- Immunoglobulin A Nephropathy (Berger's Disease)
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Nicotine Poisoning
- Peanut Allergy
- Preventive Medicine: Cervical Cancer
- Scalp Lacerations: Management Algorithm
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tooth Avulsion
- Well-Child Examination
- Vaccine Pain Reduction (HELPinKIDS Guideline)
|Evidence Based Medicine|
- 2 New Clinical Inquiries Have Been Added
- Does caffeine intake during pregnancy affect birth weight?
- Which nonhormonal treatments are effective for hot flashes?
- 51 FPIN Evidence Based Practice Newsletter Entries Have Been Added
- What is the risk of restenosis after drug-eluting stent placement?
- What is the likelihood that snoring predicts obstructive sleep apnea or other significant pathology in the preschool-aged child?
- In the third stage of labor, is delayed cord clamping beneficial compared with early cord clamping for term neonates?
- What is the best treatment for hairy leukoplakia?
- How accurate is the Pediatric Appendicitis Score in the diagnosis of acute appendicitis in children?
- Are conservative treatment options effective for pelvic floor dysfunction due to pelvic organ prolapse?
- Does cessation of the use of tobacco products affect the INR in patients receiving warfarin?
- Does manual extraction of the placenta or manual exploration of the uterus increase the risk of endometritis?
- Does an increased rate of IV fluids shorten the labor course of low risk nulliparous women?
- Can wearing high heels every day have detrimental effects?
- Do mandibular advancing devices reduce the number of apneic events during sleep in adult patients with sleep apnea?
- What is the most effective way to ablate the nail matrix during surgical treatment of an ingrown toenail?
- Is hypnotherapy effective for reduction of irritable bowel syndrome symptoms?
- Does folic acid supplementation have a role in the treatment of anemia associated with beta thalassemia?
- Do inhaled levalbuterol and racemic albuterol have different cardiac effects?
- Does use of preexposure prophylaxis decrease the rate of sexual transmission of HIV in men who have sex with men?
- Should timing of induction change according to a woman's age?
- What laboratory testing can help differentiate a non-envenomed from an envenomed snakebite?
- Is fidaxomicin better than vancomycin for treating Clostridium difficile colitis?
- What is the best treatment for nocturnal enuresis in children?
- In children with strep pharyngitis, does treating with broader spectrum antibiotics instead of penicillin reduce recurrence or complications?
- In patients with asthma, does increasing the dose of inhaled corticosteroid at the onset of an asthma exacerbation improve outcomes over continuing the maintenance dose?
- Is hoodia helpful in treating patients with obesity?
- Does parental education help decrease smoke exposure in children with asthma?
- Does use of compression stockings after deep vein thrombosis (DVT) improve outcomes?
- What is the role of pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) estimation by Doppler echocardiography (DE) in the diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension (PHTN)?
- What is the most effective treatment for a patient with symptoms of chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis (CMC)?
- Is "morning after" oral ulipristal acetate superior to oral levonorgestrel at preventing unintended pregnancy?
- Are powered or manual toothbrushes better for removing dental plaque and treating gingivitis?
- What is the effect of diet and dietary supplements on vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC)?
- Which hospitalized medical patients need deep vein thrombosis (DVT) prophylaxis?
- How prevalent is intimate partner violence among women presenting in orthopedic clinics?
- Does daily use of fish oil by pregnant women affect the newborn?
- Are IUDs an effective and safe form of birth control for teen patients?
- 4 Things to know about motivational interviewing for managing diabetes in primary care
- Does adjuvant treatment with coenzyme Q10 improve statin tolerance?
- Is warfarin safe and effective for prevention of noncardioembolic ischemic stroke?
- Are probiotics effective for the symptomatic treatment of irritable bowel syndrome?
- What is the role of prokinetic agents in patients with constipation?
- What is the best treatment for superior oblique myokymia?
- Is bilateral lower extremity edema a marker for undiagnosed sleep apnea in adults?
- Can you treat a patient with suspected urinary tract infection (UTI) over the phone?
- Is capsule endoscopy more effective than esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) in diagnosing varices in patients with liver cirrhosis?
- What is the best treatment strategy to heal and prevent recurrence of acute esophagitis in the elderly?
- Does calcium supplementation in adults increase the risk of kidney stones?
- Is adding clopidogrel to aspirin more effective than aspirin alone for reducing the risk of recurrent strokes?
- In patients with atrial fibrillation and a drug-eluting stent, what is the safest method of anticoagulation management?
- Does health coaching lead to weight loss in obese individuals?
- Do low sodium diets reduce the morbidity and mortality in patients with congestive heart failure?
- Is hemochromatosis associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease?
- What pillow types are best for neck pain?
- 2 New PURLs Have Been Added
- Resistant hypertension? Time to consider this fourth-line drug
- "Go low" or say "No" to aggressive systolic BP goals?
- 4 New U.S. Preventative Service Task Force Recommendations Entries Have Been Added
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Young Children: Screening
- Impaired Visual Acuity in Older Adults: Screening
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Screening
- Aspirin Use to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Colorectal Cancer: Preventive Medication
|Drug Knowledge Base|
- New Drugs Added
- Barium sulfate
- Ciprofloxacin Otic
- Irinotecan liposomal
- Sebelipase alfa
- New indications/dosing forms:
- Incobotulinumtoxin A
- Uridine triacetate
- Dosing updates and changes:
- Taliglucerase alfa
|Drug Interactions Generator:|
Interactions for new and existing drugs added
- Crohn's Disease Activity Index Calculator
- Kocher Criteria for Septic Arthritis Calculator
- Modified Sgarbossa Criteria Calculator