PEPID Installation Checklist
Before you begin the installation, ensure the following:
- You have the latest version of Palm
Desktop or Microsoft ActiveSync or BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and you are able
to synchronize your handheld to your computer (configuring HotSync
- You are connected to
the Internet and your Internet Security is set to allow
PEPID files to be downloaded to your computer (configure your
- You have sufficient free space on your handheld.
- You will need 8 to 35MB of free memory depending
on the type of PDA you are using. Note: You will need 4MB of free memory
on the PDA to run PEPID from the memory card (How
much space do I need?).
- You Perform a soft reset on your PDA prior to installation to ensure that no other programs are running.
- You have reviewed the PEPID Manager Guide/Tutorial.
- Tungsten T5 users, review the Tungsten T5 FAQ for installation options. Treo 650/700W users, review the TREO FAQ for installation and registration options.
- Windows Mobile 5.0 users, review the Windows Mobile 5.0 FAQ.
PEPID Manager Lite. Palm Installation Instructions for MAC Users
STEP 1: PREPARATION
- Make sure you have enough space to install PEPID (Click
here for PEPID file sizes). If you have a previous version
of PEPID loaded to your PDA, this version will be overwritten
during the installation (HotSync).
STEP 2: INSTALLATION
Click on the PEPID product you would like to install and SAVE
the installation file to your computer:
Most Macintosh computers will decompress the download file automatically and will open the window on your computer. If you do not see this folder on your computer please follow the steps below:
- Find the Pepid_xx_for_PalmOS_Mac.dmg and double click this file.
- This will place a Pepid icon on the desktop. Double-click the Pepid icon and this will open the window on your computer. You will find the files and installation instructions in this window.
- You can also find the installation instructions below.
Palm Installation instructions for Mac computers:
If you have any issues with installation or the hotsync process, please visit this page or contact our Support staff.
- After downloading the Pepid dmg file, double-click the file
to begin installation.
- The first screen you should see is the License Agreement; please
Accept to continue.
- Afterwards you should see a window with 2 icons - the installation
instructions and the PEPID program.
- Open Install Handheld Files on the computer and drag the Pepid suite folder into the Install Handheld Files window. If you do not want illustrations installed, select the IMG-DB file and click Remove.
If you want to install to a memory card, select Change Destination and move the files to the card.
- HotSync your PDA.
- Once the HotSync is complete, find the Install Pepid icon on
your PDA and tap it to install PEPID.
If you would like to use our old (.sit) installer, please visit this page.
TREO 650 USERS: Please review our Treo
650 FAQ for installation options.
TUNGSTEN T5 USERS: If your handheld has the Update
v1.1 for Tungsten T5 PDAs, you can install PEPID to the Main
memory, Internal Flash, or SD memory card. Otherwise, PEPID has
to be installed to either Internal Flash or SD memory card.
STEP 3: REGISTRATION
Trial version of PEPID does not require registration.
If you have a purchased subscription that has not been activated,
you can activate it by following the Click Here to register
your PEPID link within your account.
If your subscription has been activated previously and your handheld
is asking for an unlock key, you will need to email us your Registration
Code. We will send you the registration key and the expiration
date of you subscription to unlock the program. You can contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your subscription has been activated previously, your newly
installed PEPID product will recognize the previous registration.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com should you
encounter any issues during the installation process.